Saturday, October 11, 2008

Oh, for a nice boring day

Michael (jokingly): "Some people live from one disaster to another. That's you!"

Yesterday was most definitely an eventful day and not one I want to repeat. Now that the sun is up and the birds are singing a new day, I can look at the events from a new perspective.

finding that there are times when emergency rooms are not cram-packed full in Salem
VA nurses, doctors and other medical staff who can be kind, gentle and understanding after having worked a full shift already
clear CT scans
experiencing Michael's belief that "drugs are our friends"
compassionate and dedicated pastors
the sound of laughter, prayer and I love you's from hospice staff
family who trusts you
experiencing the kindness and compassion of strangers - even those affected by your own negligence
airbags that do not work (yes, that's right, I said "do not")
people who seem to know what you need - those that know you and those that do not
gentle police officers
a husband who can be calm and friendly to others while I am a complete mess
a daughter who says, "I haven't driven that car in over a year, Mom. Isn't that the rule you use for getting rid of things anyway?"
friends who can sit and listen, talk and laugh and just make me smile once again

No comments: