Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Promises

"Don't be afraid, my love is stronger,
My love is stronger than your fear.
Don't be afraid, my love is stronger,
And I have promised, promised to be always near."

A friend reminded me of our singing of this song during a chapel service at Bethany. I remember singing it and tears coming to my eyes - not tears of fear or sadness in my life, but tears of knowledge and belief in the awesome love and presence of God in my life.

Little did I know that I would be singing the same words, again with tears, but this time the tears were those of fear and sadness. Fear and sadness for myself, but also for Leah, B, Rob, Sarah, Brittany, Jo, Jerry...

Maxine TurnerVienna, Va.Senior, Chemical Engineering
Henry LeeRoanokeFreshman, Computer Engineering
Matt La PorteDumont, N.J.Freshman, University Studies
Jamie BishopInstructor, Foreign Languages and Literatures (German)
G.V. LoganathanProfessor, Civil and Environmental Engineering
Juan OrtizGraduate Student, Civil Engineering
Jarrett LaneNarrowsSenior, Civil Engineering
Ryan Clark Columbia County, Ga.Senior, Biology, English, Psychology
Leslie ShermanSophomore, History and International Studies
Caitlin HammarenSophomore, International Studies and French
Liviu LibrescuProfessor, Engineering Science & Mechanics
Kevin GranataProfessor, Engineering Science & Mechanics
Reema SamahaCentrevilleFreshman
Emily HilscherWoodvilleFreshman, Animal and Poultry Sciences, Equine Science
Ross Alameddine, Saugus, Mass.

Cho Seung-Hui

No comments: