Thursday, April 08, 2010

I am tired, I am weak, I am worn

Glenn is out of town. The usual happens. 12 hour days of funerals, hospital visits, grieving with a tired elderly gentleman when his wife dies, worship planning, sermon writing, NYC planning, wedding planning, commission and board meetings..... When I finally get home, I am bone tired and yet I cannot go to sleep. My house is a pile of laundry and dirty dishes. Questions fill my mind and heart as to whether I could actually do this on a long-term basis.

Then I get a phone call. "She was actually livelier after your visit. She said if she had a pastor like you she would really like to go to church. This old mother's heart was so happy!"

My eyes are drawn to the picture of the first wedding I officiated.

Another phone call...someone from the congregation has a gift for me. I look around the office at other gifts.

I am still bone tired, but...can I not do it?

No comments: