Thursday, April 16, 2009

Let the sun illuminate the words that you cannot find...

After several various failed attempts, I have decided that there are just some images that are not meant to be photographic...instead, they are to be experienced, enjoyed ...lived.

I do wish I could share the one I am living right now.

Sitting at my dining room table, surrounded by Granny Etta's chairs, china hutch filled with her dishes, Buck and Papaw's watches, Daddy's compass and Case knife, Mommy Belcher's and Granny Shaver's glassware;

the hutch that Max made filled with more memorabilia, including the miniature framed drawing Leah did of our last house and a jar full of marbles;

the photograph of my girls sitting side by side overlooking the fog covered Pacific Ocean;

the morning sun shining through the tall trees, casting long narrow shadows on the spring green grass;

shining through the tall windows upon peace plants received at Daddy's and Mommy Belcher's funerals;

the sound of birds sharing their songs;

the squirrels scampering about;

the buds on the dogwood tree almost ready to burst open and the redbud's purple hue;

the quiet of the house;

the peace it all brings to me.

No comments: