Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Love came down at Christmas

having both of my girls home, Lowell Wine's vast knowledge, travels and experience and his recognition of me as a "pastor," being part of 2, count 'em - 2, congregations, Martin's singing of "Mary did you know," having an office, Christmas traditions - old and new, seeing Jeff and knowing he is with Sandra and Tommy on Christmas morning, babies in the family, babies in church, the totally awesome concept of the child, brother, high priest, savior and lord who is the Son of God and God

According to Lowell:
"Women have a choice. Men don't."

"Lot's of people have knowledge, but some of them never gain wisdom."

"I had a few scary times, like when I was chased by a moose. Luckily, I could manouver around the trees of the forest better than he could."

"It was a universal worship service. I asked what I needed to do to be a part. I was told to put some rose petals into the flame. I did, and began to worship. I don't know if I was doing it right or not, but they all accepted me as part of it."

"It all started when I was about 40 years old. I thought about what my mother always said, "Lowell, you are made up of 3 parts. You are physical, mental and spiritual. You need to take care of each part in order to be a whole person...I would walk at least 20 miles a week, sometimes 15 in one day...I taught statistics, very mental...my photography was very spiritual for me."

No comments: