Saturday, July 14, 2007

"You get more like your mother all the time."

family in the morning - Rob and I watched (Rob even helped carry trays for) a family reunion group having breakfast together at K & W Cafeteria

family at noon time - lunch with the Ferris/Belcher clan - great grandmothers, aunts, uncles, cousins, babies and more on the way!

family as the sun went down - surprise b-day cookout for Bobby at Susan's - cousins, cousins and more cousins!

Watching Lynsey's face as she sat through the hundreds and hundreds of stories about people she did not and would never know, I have to say that I know how she feels. And yet, it means a great deal to me. Knowing where those who came before actually came from helps me to understand where I have been and where I am. Hopefully it will also help me in finding which way to go. (this probably makes no sense to anyone else, but that's ok - it is, after all, MY blog.)

No comments: